The Midway High School Class of 1993, 25th Reunion Celebration will be held August 4, 2018 at the The Phoenix Ballroom, from 7-11 P.M. Get your tickets today! See below for more information…
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
Join us for an evening with old friends as we reconnect and look back at the past twenty-five plus years. We have been working on making this a fun and memorable evening that includes the following:
- Arrive Casual! This is a party, y’all. We will be celebrating in a relaxed setting in a beautiful, historic venue. Feel free to dress in what makes you feel the most comfortable that allows you to show off your best dance moves.
- Have A Bite! We will have a local caterer that will provide “heavy” horderves and dessert.
- Show Up Thirsty! We will have an open bar with water, wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks. (So much is being donated, we will let y’all know who these nice people are that are contributing.)
- Bring Your Dancing Shoes! Old school 80’s and 90’s music by one of Waco’s favorite bands, Fenix Theory, will be on stage. We will go from Breakdancing to Country all in one night. Don’t miss the dance off challenge that will take place from some of our favorite classmates.
- Smile & Say Cheese! Several photo opportunities will be available. There is a photo perfect fireplace setting for you to take with your besties and boo. If you are lucky, you might get photo bombed by the Midway Panther Mascot.
- Go Way Back! You might be surprised to see a few familiar faces as a few of our teachers and principals are planning to attend.
- We Are Special! As you are coming or going the night of August 4th, check out the awesome bridge lights over the Brazos River on I-35. The City of Waco is lighting up the bridges – red and blue – in honor of the Class of 1993!
This will be a night to remember with several fun surprises in store. We promise this is not going to be boring or ridged – we get it- no one wants to feel uncomfortable and we don’t want to make spouses yawn. Therefore, no formal or ceremonial speeches will be made.
We are keeping the individual ticket cost low thanks to “oh so generous” classmates and business sponsors that are donating to our reunion fund. If you wish to make a donation of any amount, even $10 is helpful, you can do so when purchasing your ticket. Last but not least, register before the cutoff date, July 12th!
If you wish to continue the Party, follow us to the Hotel Indigo, which is walking distance from the venue. We will enjoy more good laughs and live music from one of our “oh so talented” classmates.
About the Venue:
The Phoenix is Waco’s premier entertainment venue. Once home to the Crawford Austin Manufacturing Co., the building was used for the manufacturing of tents and tarps during both world wars. Until April of 2007, the building had been left unused and in disrepair. After months of hard work and dedication, the Phoenix Ballroom now truly shines with over 10,000 square feet of breathtaking original hardwood floors, elegant chandeliers, and a magnificent fireplace.
Accommodations are available at Hotel Indigo Waco – Baylor
The center of it all, located halfway between Waco Convention Center and Baylor University. Positioned in the warehouse district and just across I-35 from the Baylor campus, the Hotel Indigo® Waco Baylor hotel sits in the heart of downtown’s business hub. Their unique indoor/outdoor pool and patio is air-cooled in summer, while the top ranked Brazos Bar & Bistro offers a local menu and signature cocktails coupled with warm, southern service, steps away from local shops, restaurants, and nightlife near the Brazos Riverwalk.
While in town we encourage you to visit the Magnolia Market, as featured on HGTV’s #1 hit series Fixer Upper. The market is located just three short blocks down Webster Avenue, and should not be missed. Before you explore be sure and ask their staff for suggestions about their local favorites, such as; the Dr. Pepper Museum, Award winning Balcones Distillery, the Waco Mammoth site, and of course the Texas Ranger Museum.
The cut off date for the $179/night rate is July 12, 2018. Contact reservations at (254) 754 7000 to reserve a room, but let them know you are with the Midway High School, Class of 93. If you reserve your room(s) online make sure to use the code “MHS”.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of us personally or use the “contact us” tab. Looking forward to seeing y’all soon,
~Love Your Party Planning Team~
- Terri Olvera Plumlee – Data Crusher & Photo Wrangler
- Emily Taylor Tirado – Registrar Project Manager & Clever Director
- Amanda (Mandee) Young – Alumni Outreach & Money Momma
- Chrissy Tusa – CAT Herder & Wordy Ghostwriter
- Leslie Vick Edwards – Class Reporter & Waco Socialite
- Kim Ripley Vazquez –Creative Originator & Memory Maker
- Amy Cantu Avila – Design Diva & Flower Girl